Why Grass-Fed and Pasture Raised?
Healthier Diet For You
- Leaner cuts of meat
- Higher in Omega-3 fatty acids and other health promoting fats
- Higher in Vitamins A, C and E
- Higher in CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid)
- Full of Beta-Carotene
- No growth stimulants used to bulk up the animals.
- No routing antibiotics are needed in healthy animals.
- Animals have more space to roam in free range open pastures and are less stressed.
- Cows are ruminants; they convert grasses into proteins and fats. They were created to graze, not eat grain.
- Our pastures receive lots of rest periods between the grazing rotations of our animals, allowing the grasses and vegetation to produce a nice thick sod
- A good sod produces lots of roots creating rich organic matter which in turn helps hold moisture and prevents soil erosion.
- Birds, insects and various wildlife thrive in our tall grass pastures.